DISTINCTIVE EXTERIOR CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
- Superior architecturally designed homes with inspired brick and/or stone, pre-cast stone
accents, vinyl siding, aluminum, exterior trim features, hardie board and/or smartside and
vinyl siding (on gable ends) in selected locations and as per elevation, concrete porches,
decorative columns and shutters. Soldier coursing, arches, keystone and masonry detailing in
brick as per elevation (front elevations side window indentation to be vinyl).
- 2" x 6" exterior wall construction. Townhomes and semi-detached will have offset 2"x4" stud
party walls and sound attenuation insulation to reduce sound transmission.
- Custom grey precast individual house numbers.
- Entry-resistant framing on all perimeter doors.
- Glazed panel in front entry door or sidelight (as per elevation).
- Oversized eavestroughs. Downspouts deliver rain water to front, rear or side yards.*
- Self-sealing fiberglass shingles (25 year manufacturer's warranty).
- Pre-finished maintenance free aluminum or vinyl, soffits, fascia, downspouts and vinyl
- Steel clad insulated entry and exterior doors with weather-stripping and dead bolt lock.*
- Luxury exterior low E argon vinyl casement or hung windows on front elevation, low E vinyl
casements on sides and rear.*
- Taller windows on main floor and inset grilles on front elevations only.*
- Low E argon vinyl thermo slider basement windows with screens.
- Premium quality moulded paneled sectional roll-up garage doors with plexiglass inserts
equipped with heavy-duty springs and long life rust-resistant door hardware. *
- Poured concrete basement walls with heavy damp proofing and weeping tile. Pre-formed
drainage membrane to all exterior walls excluding garage.
- Front and rear of lot to be graded and sodded. Side yard between homes will be finished as per
municipal requirements or at the vendor's discretion.
- Pre-cast concrete slab walk to front entry from driveway and 6 precast concrete slabs at rear
sliding patio/garden door at walkout to rear yard, excluding lots with a doorguard, all
doorguards will be painted black and secured through the exterior finish. *
- Two exterior taps- one in garage and one in rear, and four exterior electrical outlets, one in
front, one in rear and two holiday outlets located in front soffit complete with switch all with
ground fault protection.
- Elegant black grip set for front door lock set and up to two exterior black coach lamps. *
- All windows are fully caulked with quality brand caulking.
- Asphalt paved driveway included in purchase price. Vendor not responsible for future
- All opening windows and patio doors are complete with screens.
- Direct insulated access door from garage to house with deadbolt and safety closer if grade
GOURMET KITCHEN FEATURES
- Upgraded kitchen, furniture finish kitchen cabinets with taller upper cabinets. +
- Singles, semi-detached designs and townhomes will have granite level 1 with 3/4"
straight-edge countertop in kitchen without a bullnose or counter backsplash. Between the
granite and the wall, it will be sealed with clear silicone. *+
- Singles, semi-detached and townhomes will have ceramic backsplash in kitchen above
- Singles, semi-detached designs and townhomes will have an undermount double stainless
steel kitchen sink with a single lever faucet and vegetable spray.
- Stainless steel kitchen exhaust fan with 6" exhaust vented to exterior.
- Dishwasher rough-in includes electrical and plumbing only with space for dishwasher. Hook
up, cabinet and door not included. Electrical for dishwasher disconnected at panel/breaker.
- Dedicated electrical outlet for refrigerator.
- Split electrical outlets at counter level for small appliances.
- Heavy-duty receptacle for stove.
- Colour co-ordinated kickplates to compliment cabinets.
- Refrigerator niche and flush breakfast bar in kitchen. *
LUXURY BATHROOM FEATURES
- Water resistant board on tub and shower enclosure walls up to ceiling.
- Purchaser's choice of deluxe cabinets for vanity in main bath, ensuite, and secondary ensuite
(where applicable) and laminate countertops.
- Lighting in all bathrooms and powder room.
- Colour co-ordinated kickplates to compliment cabinets.
- Energy efficient water saver shower heads and toilet tanks.
- Mirrors in all bathrooms (approx. full width of vanity), mirror in powder room.
- Ensuite bath off master bedroom with stand-alone bath and separate shower. *
- Electrical outlets with ground fault protection for small appliances beside vanity
in all bathrooms.
- Exhaust fans vented to exterior in all bathrooms.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- Single-lever washerless faucets with pop-up plugs in all vanities.
- Vanity with sink or pedestal sink in powder room. *
- Choice of 6" x 8" ceramic wall tile for main bathtub enclosure and shower stall walls.
- Choice of 12" x 12" or 13" x 13" ceramic floor tile for all bathrooms. *+
- Ceramic bathroom accessories to include towel bar and toilet tissue dispenser.
- Acrylic or Vikrell bathtub in all locations. *
- Water temperature balance sensor in shower/tub.
- All separate showers will have a glass door and a vapourproof light.*
- Approximately 9' 0" high ceiling on all floors for singles, semi-detached designs and
townhomes (except for basement level, in powder room or main floor laundry room and
where mechanical or duct work requires a lower height). *
- Singles, semi-detached designs and townhomes will have tray ceilings with approximately 10'
raised area in the master bedroom.*
- Stair landing in finished area to be 3" x 3/4" natural prefinished hardwood.
- Oak stairs with oak hand rail (3"), oak pickets (1 3/4"), oak nosing and stringer on the main
staircase in natural finish.
- Claremont panel interior passage doors throughout (excluding sliding closet doors rounded or
- Arristocrat 4 1/4" baseboard throughout with quarter-round in all tiled areas.
- Arristocrat 2 3/4" casing on all swing doors, main floor archways, and windows throughout in
all finished areas where applicable. (excluding rounded or oversized arches)*
- All drywall applied with screws, using a minimum number of nails.
- Brushed nickel lever interior door hardware (hinges paint grade).
FAMILY OR GREAT ROOM FIREPLACE
- Singles will have a gas fireplace complete with glass panel and gas log with ignition switch
and a 3 piece marble facing. Semi-detached and townhomes will have an electric fireplace
that is surface mounted and hardwired. +*
FINISHED LAUNDRY ROOM FEATURES
- Laundry tub with hot and cold-water faucets. *
- Heavy-duty electrical outlet for dryer.
- Dryer vented to exterior.
- Cabinet above future washer and dryer. *
LIGHTING AND ELECTRICAL FEATURES
- Electrical outlets in all bathrooms and powder room include ground fault protection.
- 100 amp electrical service with breaker panel.
- All wiring in accordance with Ontario Hydro standards.
- Light fixtures in all bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, family room, bathrooms, laundry room
+ upper hall ceilings and switched electrical outlet in living room. *
- One electrical outlet on the garage wall and one on the garage ceiling for each garage door
for a future garage door opener and one in unfinished area of basement under electrical panel.
- Electronic door chime.
- Cable tv outlet in family room and master bedroom.*
- Telephone rough-in for kitchen, family room and master bedroom.
- Rough-in central vacuum outlets. Central vacuum terminates in garage.
- Dedicated electrical outlet within 3' of central vacuum termination in garage.
- Smoke/carbon monoxide detector on every level and smoke detector in each bedroom.
- Rough-in security for main floor only - on all external main floor doors and operating
- White Decora-style light switches and plugs throughout.
HEATING INSULATION AND ENERGY EFFICIENT FEATURES
- Forced air high-efficiency gas furnace with electronic ignition power vented to exterior.
- Dehumidifier with dedicated outlet in basement and humidifer installed on furnace to assist
in balancing moisture level.
- Air conditioner and heat recovery ventilator (HRV) included in all homes.
- Thermostat centrally located on main floor.
- All insulation in exterior walls, roof and in basement in accordance with the standards set as
per the building code and expanding foam insulation on garage ceiling under living space.
- House sealed in vapour barrier as per building code.
- Weather stripping on all exterior doors.
- One coat of quality paint and one coat of primer using only low VOC paints on all walls.
- Trim and doors to be painted "luscious" white.
- Choice of one colour for walls from vendor's 4 samples.
- Smooth ceilings on level where kitchen is located.*
- Sprayed stipple ceiling with smooth borders throughout second floor except in bathrooms
and finished laundry (all closets will have sprayed stipple ceilings only).*
- 3 storey designs to receive 3" x 3/4" natural prefinished hardwood throughout the lower level
and main level excluding the tiled areas, and 2 storey designs to receive 3" x 3/4" natural
prefinished hardwood throughout the ground level excluding the tiled areas.+*
- Choice of quality imported 12 x 12 or 13 x 13 ceramic floor tile standard through vestibule,
kitchen/ breakfast area, powder room, all bathrooms, and above-grade laundry room. *+
- 40 oz. broadloom with 12mm underpad in all other finished areas excluding tiled areas (one
colour throughout). +
- Engineered floor system throughout with 3/4" tongue and groove subflooring to be glued,
nailed, screwed and sanded.
SECURITY AND TECHNOLOGY
- Monitored security system consisting of DSC 4 zone PC500 control, keypad, motion
detector, and magnetic contacts on all external main floor doors and operating windows will
be installed with Purchaser's order of monitoring service from builder’s supplier. (See your
Décor Representative for details).
WATER CONSERVATION FEATURES
- Single flush toilets with maximum 4.85 litres per flush.*
- Lavatory faucets with maximum 5.87 litres per minute flow.+
- Shower faucets with maximum 7.5 litres per minute flow.+
- Minimum of 6" of topsoil on grassed area.
- One rain barrel per designated home as required by the Municipality to reduce stormwater
- Cold cellar with a steel insulated door and a floor drain. *
- Rough– in drains for 3 piece bathroom in basement.
- Shut-off valves on all hot and cold water lines on all sinks and on toilets.
- Mortgage survey, provided at no additional cost.
- Garage floor and driveway sloped for drainage.
- Concrete garage floor with reinforced grade beams.
- Poured concrete front porch.
- Architecturally pre-determined sitings and exterior colours.
- Concrete basement floor with drain.
- Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy including windows. Ducts will be cleaned
- Fieldgate Homes warranty backed by TARION's (Ontario New Home Warranty Program)
Excellent Service Rating includes complete customer service program for one full year.
TWO YEAR WARRANTY PROTECTION:
- The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials including caulking windows
and doors so that the building prevents water penetration.
- Defects in workmanship and materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- Defects in workmanship and materials, which result in the detachment, displacement or
deterioration of exterior cladding.
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code's Health and Safety provisions.
- Warranties are limited to the requirements established by the Ontario New Home Warranty
SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY PROTECTION (MAJOR STRUCTURAL)
- A major structural defect is defined in the Ontario New Home Warranty Plan Act as:
- A defect in workmanship and materials that results in the failure of a load-bearing part of
the home's structure, or any defect in workmanship or materials that adversely affects your
use of the building as a home.
*AS PER PLAN +AS PER VENDOR'S STANDARD SAMPLE