Here are the finalists of the 2019 Homeowners’ Choice Awards!By Newinhomes on Mar 14, 2019
Tarion Warranty Corporation has announced the finalists of the 2019 Homeowners’ Choice Awards, which recognizes the best in the new home building industry with regards to customer service and customer satisfaction.
Every year, Tarion works with a third party research firm to conduct a province-wide customer satisfaction survey of new home owners in their first year of ownership (specifically those who took possession between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018).
“With today’s increasingly competitive housing markets, a new home commands an even larger proportion of a person’s household income than ever before,” says Howard Bogach, Tarion President and CEO. “As prices rise, so too do homeowner expectations. What these awards recognize are the builders who have not only met, but exceeded, those expectations through service excellence.”
The categories include Small, Medium, and Large Volume, based on number of possessions in a year, and there’s also a High-Rise category. As far as we know, these are the only industry awards in Ontario based entirely on the satisfaction of homebuyers.
The survey asks a series of questions, covering the entire process from signing the Agreement of Purchase and Sale to after-sales service. When you buy a new construction home, you have a long relationship with the builder, so it’s important you’re buying from one that has a history of treating their purchasers with respect and care.
The Homeowners’ Choice Awards finalists:
Small Volume Category (5-20 possessions per year)
- C. Kelos Homes Limited, Thunder Bay
- Chris King and Son's Construction Ltd., Kingsville
- Ed Robinson Homes Ltd., Dunville
- Lockwood Brothers Construction, Oxford Station
- OPUS Homes Inc., Vaughan
- Terry Waito Homes Inc., Petawawa
Medium Volume Category (21-100 possessions per year)
- Klemencic Homes Inc., Trenton
- Larry Otten Contracting Inc., Stratford
- LeBlanc Enterprises, Cobourg
- Policella Homes, Welland
- R.V.L. Contracting Inc. - R.V.L. Homes, Grimsby
- Timberland Homes, Lasalle
Large Volume Category (More than 100 possessions per year)
- Activa, Waterloo
- Hayhoe Homes, St. Thomas
- Mountainview Homes, Thorold
- Rinaldi Homes, St. Catharines
- Sorbara Group of Companies, Vaughan
- Uniform Urban Developments, Ottawa
High-Rise Category (More than 100 high-rise possessions per year)
- Branthaven Homes, Burlington
- Brookfield Residential, Markham
- Del Ridge Homes Inc., Markham
- Great Gulf Homes, Toronto
- Onni Group, Toronto
- Tridel, Toronto
Tarion also announced the finalists of the third annual Ernest Assaly Award, which recognizes new home industry leaders, with regards to innovation and community service. Of 5,000 builders in Ontario, only 81 were eligible for the award. The finalists and winner were selected by Tarion’s board of directors.
“The Ernest Assaly Award is like a lifetime achievement award,” says Bogach. “It recognizes commitment to not only the craft of home building but also to team building and community building over the long term. These builders have established a tradition of excellence in everything they do.”
Ernest Assaly Award finalists:
- C. Kelos Homes, Thunder Bay
- Davis New Homes & Developments, Frankford
- Mizrahi Developments, Toronto
- The Daniels Corporation, Toronto
The winners of the Homeowners Choice Awards and the Ernest Assaly Award will be announced on April 17, 2019.