Upper Mill Pond in Hamilton is the 55+ community you’ve been looking for Image

Upper Mill Pond in Hamilton is the 55+ community you’ve been looking for

By Newinhomes on Jun 21, 2019

Is it time to downsize? Perhaps you’re trying to convince your parents to sell their large detached home and move into something more manageable and maintenance-free. You should tell them about Upper Mill Pond in Hamilton.  

ZEST Communities recently hosted a groundbreaking ceremony, though construction at Upper Mill Pond isn’t scheduled to commence until next month. The new five-storey residence is the latest phase of The Village at St. Elizabeth Mills, which ZEST says is the first 55+ resort-style community in Canada.  

Located at Garth St. and Rymal Rd. West on Hamilton Mountain, the 114-acre property is home to approximately 1,000 residents. Upper Mill Pond will add 76 suites, ranging from 716 to 1,328 square feet with prices from the mid $300,000s. 
Upper Mill Pond in Hamilton by ZEST Communities

A few of the amenities at Upper Mill Pond include a health club fitness centre, an indoor pool with hot tubs and saunas, a guest suite, a lounge/special events room, storage lockers, indoor car wash, and an outdoor terrace with barbecues. 

The community features 20 acres of existing ponds, lush landscaping, and vegetation, and ZEST’s master-plan includes walking trails, gazebos, boardwalks, and covered bridges. The community is ideal for 55+ residents who love the outdoors. The Village at St. Elizabeth Mills also features the St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church and the Village Centre, which is a four-storey commercial and retail building. 
Upper Mill Pond in Hamilton by ZEST Communities(L-R) Jacob ten Brenke representing Hamilton Flamborough-Glanbrook MP David Sweet, ZEST Communities’ President Tony DiFruscio, VP Rob Baiocco, Hamilton Ward 8 Councillor John-Paul Danko, Project Manager Gary Zock. (Photo: Evan Eisenstadt)

You can buy at Upper Mill Pond through the Market Value Life Lease Plan. First you put a $5,000 deposit down, and then 5% of the purchase price within 30 days. When the construction date is confirmed, the balance of 30% is due. The remaining 70% is due upon closing. 

After you move in, you only owe occupancy fees, which covers maintenance of common elements, management of the building, insurance, and keeps the reserve fund at a healthy level. When you vacate the residence, you receive market value for the property.

To learn more about how you can call Upper Mill Pond in Hamilton home, visit the presentation centre at 1 Yates Gate Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, or call 905-574-8178. 

Sign-up for our Newsletter