DISTINCTIVE EXTERIOR FEATURES:
- UNIQUE ELEVATIONS UTILIZING STONE, STUCCO & STONE PRECAST
SURROUNDS and other ACCENT FEATURES on front elevation with brick
on side & rear only as per applicable plans, including signature block on the
dwelling containing the name Fernbrook Homes.
- Maintenance free aluminum soffit, fascia, eavestrough and downspouts.
- Poured 10" concrete basement walls (except exterior garage walls) with
heavy-duty damp proofing and waterproof membrane.
- Fully sodded lot.
- Cladwood sectional wood garage doors.
- Two exterior hose bibs one at rear and one in the garage.
- Self-sealing asphalt shingles which includes a 30-YEAR LIMITED
TRANSFERABLE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY.
- PAVED DRIVEWAYS.
- All elevations and colour schemes are under STRICT ARCHITECTURAL
CONTROL to ensure a truly harmonious streetscape.
- ELEGANT & SOPHISTICATED, 8' STEEL FRONT ENTRY DOOR(S) with
Brushed Chrome package including gripset with deadbolt lock and black
- All perimeter exterior house walls to be 2" x 6" stud construction.
- COMPLETE CENTRAL AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT.
SPECTACULAR INTERIOR FINISHES
- 10' CEILINGS ON MAIN FLOOR, 9' CEILINGS TO 2ND FLOOR AND
APPROXIMATE 9' CEILINGS TO BASEMENT, AS PER PLAN.
- Smooth ceilings throughout finished areas (except bedrooms).
- Choice of three (3) interior quality paint colours from vendor samples. All
millwork and doors painted accent white.
- Stained oak staircase open to finished basement landing area.
- Elegant DECORATIVE STEEL SPINDLES & Upgraded Handrails on all OAK
STAIRCASES WITH STAIN FINISH.
- Rough-in CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM.
- Rough-in wiring for security system.
- COLD STORAGE ROOM as per applicable plans.
- 5/8" tongue and groove spruce plywood subfloor screwed and glued to
engineered floor joists and 3/8" plywood roof sheeting.
INNOVATIVE LEADING EDGE DESIGN FEATURES
- Gas Fireplace with multi-cast surround and hearth (as per applicable plan).
- Square or round decorative columns (as per plan).
GOURMET KITCHEN FEATURES:
- "AYA" KITCHENS Custom Design 'Series 4' Kitchen Cabinets. Extended
upper cabinets (42") complete with built-in for microwave, upper crown
mouldings & lower valance board. Choice of color & door style from Vendor
- Two speed hood fan vented (6") to exterior.
- CHOICE OF GRANITE KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS with double
undermount stainless steel sink and pullout faucet (from vendor samples).
- "Aya" Series 1 base and upper cabinetry in laundry room (as per plan).
LUXURY BATHROOM FEATURES:
- "Aya" Series 2 bathroom vanity cabinetry.
- MARBLE COUNTERTOP with undermount sink(s) and 8" spread faucet(s)
in master ensuite bathroom and powder room (as per plan). Post formed
laminate counter tops in all other bathrooms and laundry rooms (from
- FREE STANDING TUB in master ensuite bathroom (from vendor samples)
as per plan.
- Frameless glass shower in master ensuite complete with glass door and
recessed waterproof light fixture (as per plan).
- All plumbing fixtures to be white.
- Full width vanity mirror (42" high complete with strip lighting above
included in all bathrooms and washrooms.)
- Cement-board to shower enclosure walls and ceilings.
- Washerless MOEN OR DELTA faucet(s) in kitchen, all vanities and bathtubs.
FLOOR FINISH FEATURES:
- Imported 18"x18" or 12"x24" porcelain floor tiles in kitchen, breakfast,
powder room, main floor laundry, or mudroom. All other bathrooms 13"x13"
ceramic floor tiles & 8"x10" ceramic wall tiles (from vendor samples).
- All shower floors include 2"x2" mosaic ceramic tile and 12"x12" or 13"x13"
ceramic tile to second floor laundry rooms.
- 3/4"x5" SOLID SAWN STAINED PRE-FINISHED OAK HARDWOOD
FLOORING on main floor (except tiled areas) and second floor hall (from
- Luxurious "Papillio" or "Bolaria" broadloom in all bedrooms, complete with
1/4" Ebony underpad. "Papillio" or "Bolaria" broadloom in basement
finished areas with Mildew-Free underpad. Bound carpet runner on all oak
WINDOWS, DOORS AND MILLWORK:
- INTERIOR DOORS 8'-0" HIGH HOLLOW CORE on main floor choice of 800
Series, Classique or Carrara 6'-8" high hollow core doors on second floor and
basement floor finished areas.
- 5" MDF BASEBOARDS WITH 3" PINE CASING INCLUDING
- Elegant Lever hardware in Satin Nickel finish with matching hinges (from
- Stain finish on all oak stairs and nosing to finished areas.
- Vinyl casement Low-E Argon-Filled Energy-Star certified windows on main
& second floor.
- Steel French patio door(s) as per applicable plans.
LIGHTING & ELECTRICAL:
- Standard light fixtures to front and rear door(s) (where applicable) from
- Exterior water proof electrical outlets at front porch and rear.
- Standard light fixtures provided throughout finished areas except in living
room and family room. Ceiling light fixtures included in all bedrooms from
- Switch-controlled outlet in living room & family room.
- White coloured decora light switches, plugs and plates.
- Ground fault interrupter protection for all bathroom(s) and powder room.
- 200 amp breaker panel complete with copper wiring.
- A complete structured wire program consisting of two ports and one
separate phone and one separate cable TV outlet. Each port has two wide
bands with RG6 lines and two high speed, high capacity category 5
voice/data lines. The individual phone and cable outlet will also be category
5 and RG6 installations, respectively.
- TWENTY LOW-VOLTAGE 4" HALOGEN RECESSED POTLIGHTS.
Purchaser to submit drawing indicating approximate location of potlights 30
days after date of agreement of purchase and sale. Drawing is approximate
only and subject to joist location. (Vendor to locate potlights if drawing not
submitted). Potlight locations to be confirmed at time of electrical walk-thru,
as per construction schedules. (Potlights to be located as per Vendors
discretion if purchaser cannot attend walk-thru).
ENERGY STAR FOR NEW HOMES & CONSTRUCTION FEATURES:
- DRAINAGE MEMBRANE ON ALL BASEMENT EXTERIOR WALL
SURFACES TO ENSURE HYDROSTATIC WATER PROTECTION.
- WATER EFFICIENT TOILETS.
- WATER EFFICIENT LAVATORY FAUCETS.
- 2"x6" EXTERIOR WALLS.
- R40 SPRAYED FOAM INSULATION IN GARAGE CEILINGS WITH
LIVING AREAS ABOVE.
- ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED (95%) HIGH-EFFICIENCY FURNACE WITH
INTERCONNECTED HRV (HEAT RECOVERY VENTILATOR) AND
SEALED DUCTWORK IN BASEMENT.
- ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED WINDOWS AND DOORS WITH LOW-E
GLASS AND ARGON-FILLED AIR SPACE.
- HIGHER VALUE INSULATION (R25) ON EXTERIOR WALLS.
- FULL HEIGHT BASEMENT INSULATION WITHIN 6" OF CONCRETE
- ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED THERMOSTAT.
- ALL DWELLINGS TOR BE CONSTRUCTED IN ACCORDANCE TO
ENERGY STAR FOR NEW HOMES TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS.
- COMPACT FLUORESCENT LIGHT BULBS TO ALL APPLICABLE
- ENERGY STAR RATED BATHROOM FANS.
- HOT WATER RECOVERY SYSTEM.
- R50 ATTIC INSULATION.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY HOT WATER TANK (RENTAL BASIS).
- ALL WATER FIXTURES INCLUDING FAUCETS AND SHOWERS TO BE
HIGH WATER EFFICIENCY.
- GARAGE INTERIORS TO BE FULLY-DRYWALLED, PRIMED AND
- ALL INTERIOR PAINT TO BE CERTIFIED LOW VOC
- Rough-in two separate locations (Great Room and Master Bedroom) a Smart
Home structured wiring multi-media bundled cable: each consisting of (2)
RG6 digital TV coaxial cables and (2) High Speed Category- 5 cables for
intended purpose of advanced telephone and/or high speed computer
- Rough-in Category 5 telecommunication cable in all bedrooms, kitchen and
family/great rooms. Location to be determined by Vendor.
- Rough-in RG6 Digital TV coaxial cables in all bedrooms, family/great rooms
and study's. Location to be determined by Vendor.
SECURITY FEATURES FOR ADDED FAMILY COMFORT:
- High quality locks with dead bolts on all exterior swing door(s).
- Hinges and striker plates reinforced with extra long screws.
- Additional blocking at all exterior door jambs.
- Rough-in Alarm System. (To all exterior doors and operating windows on
main and basement levels).
- Upon purchase of 3 years of security monitoring, purchaser shall receive a
fully installed security system including contacts to all exterior opening
doors on the main floor, plus rear opening windows and doors for "Lookout"
and "Walkout" basements, two motion detectors, one keypad, one siren and
a DSC1550 six zone control panel or equivalent, with associated hardware,
programming and client demonstration.
ADDITIONAL SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION FEATURES:
- Steel beam construction in basement.
- All subfloors will be REFASTENED WITH SCREWS prior to floor finishes.
- Architecturally predetermined siting and exterior colours.
- Survey provided on closing.
TARION NEW HOME WARRANTY PROGRAM COVERAGE
- 7 years - major structural defects
- 2 years - plumbing, heating & electrical systems and envelope
- 1 year - all other items
- Purchaser agrees to pay the TARION enrollment fee on closing as an