DISTINCTIVE EXTERIOR CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
- Superior architecturally designed homes with inspired brick, pre-cast stone accents, vinyl siding,
exterior trim features, hardie board and/or smartside and vinyl siding (on gable ends) in selected
locations and as per elevation, concrete porches, decorative columns and shutters. Soldier
coursing, arches, keystone and masonry detailing in vinyl and/or brick as per elevation (side
window indentation to be vinyl). *
- Elevation A has a vinyl siding exterior with frieze boards and may have vinyl shake accents, soffit
brackets and other heritage-style details on the front elevations. Elevation B has a brick + vinyl
siding exterior with frieze boards and may have vinyl shake accents, soffit brackets and other
architectural details on the front elevations. Elevation C has a brick exterior with brick detailing
aluminum frieze boards and may have vinyl shakes accents, soffit brackets and other architectural
details on the front elevations. *
- 2" x 6" exterior wall construction. Townhomes will have offset 2" x 4" stud party wall and sound
attenuation insulation to reduce sound transmission.
- Custom individual house numbers.
- Entry-resistant framing on all perimeter doors.
- Glazed panel in front entry door or sidelight (as per elevation). *
- Self-sealing fiberglass shingles (manufacturer's warranty).
- Pre-finished maintenance free aluminum or vinyl, soffits, fascia, downspouts and vinyl siding.*
- Steel clad insulated entry and exterior doors with weather-stripping and dead bolt lock.
- Luxury exterior low E argon vinyl casement or hung windows on front elevation, low E vinyl
casements or hung windows on sides and rear.*
- Taller windows on main floor and inset grilles on front elevations only.*
- Low E argon vinyl thermo slider basement windows with screens.
- Premium quality moulded paneled sectional roll-up garage doors with plexiglass inserts equipped
with heavy-duty springs and long life rust-resistant door hardware. *
- Poured concrete basement walls with heavy damp proofing and weeping tile. Pre-formed drainage
membrane to all exterior walls excluding garage.
- Front and rear of lot to be graded and sodded.
- Pre-cast concrete slab walk to front entry from driveway and 6 precast concrete slabs at rear sliding
patio/garden door at walkout to rear yard excluding lots with a doorguard. All doorguards will be
black and secured through the exterior finish. *
- Two exterior taps- one in garage and one in rear, townhomes will have one exterior tap in the
garage and one on the non-garage elevation. One exterior electrical outlet in rear complete with
switch, all with ground fault protection. *
- Elegant grip set for front door lock set and two exterior black coach lamps. *
- All windows are fully caulked with quality brand caulking.
- Asphalt paved driveway included in purchase price. Vendor not responsible for future settlement.
- All opening windows and sliding patio doors are complete with screens.
- Direct insulated access door from garage to house with deadbolt and safety closer if grade & OBC
GOURMET KITCHEN FEATURES
- Furniture finish kitchen cabinets with taller upper cabinets. +
- Singles and townhomes will have laminate kitchen countertops *+
- Double stainless steel ledge-back kitchen sink with single lever faucet. +
- Deluxe white kitchen exhaust fan with 6" exhaust vented to exterior.
- Dishwasher rough-in includes electrical and plumbing only with space for dishwasher. Hook-up,
cabinet and door not included. Electrical for dishwasher disconnected at panel/breaker.
- Dedicated electrical outlet for refrigerator.
- Split electrical outlets at counter level for small appliances.
- Heavy-duty receptacle for stove.
- Colour co-ordinated kickplates to compliment cabinets.
LUXURY BATHROOM FEATURES
- Water resistant board on tub and shower enclosure walls up to ceiling.
- Purchaser's choice of deluxe cabinets for vanity in main bath, ensuite, and secondary ensuite or
shared ensuite (where applicable) and laminate countertops.
- Lighting in all bathrooms and powder room.
- Colour co-ordinated kickplates to compliment cabinets.
- Energy efficient water saver shower and dual flush toilet tanks.
- Ensuite bath off master bedroom with free standing bathtub and separate shower and single sink in
- Electrical outlets with ground fault protection for small appliances beside vanity in all bathrooms.
- Exhaust fans vented to exterior in all bathrooms.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- Single-lever washerless faucets with pop-up plugs in all vanities.
- Vanity with sink or pedestal sink in powder room. *
- Choice of 6" x 8" ceramic wall tile for bathtub enclosures and shower stall walls.*+
- Choice of 12" x 12" ceramic floor tile for ensuite. *+
- Ceramic bathroom accessories to include towel bar, toilet tissue dispenser.+
- Acrylic or Vikrell bathtub in all locations. *
- Water temperature balance sensor in shower/tub.
- Singles will have approximately 9'0" high ceiling on ground and 8'0"second floor and the
townhomes will have approximately 9'0" high ceiling on the ground floor and 8'0" on second floor
(except in powder room or main floor laundry room or where mechanical or duct work requires a
lower height) and the master bedroom will have a tray ceiling. *
- Stair landing to match the 1st floor area covering.
- Oak stairs with oak hand rail (3"), oak pickets (1-3/4") and oak nosing and stringer on the main
staircase in natural finish.+*
- Two panel interior passage doors throughout (excluding sliding closet doors and rounded or
- Arristocrat 4" baseboard throughout with quarter-round in all tiled areas. *
- Arristocrat 2-1/2" casing on all swing doors, main floor archways, and windows throughout in all
finished areas where applicable. (excluding rounded or oversized arches)*
- All drywall applied with screws, using a minimum number of nails.
- Brushed nickel knob interior door hardware (hinges paint grade).
- Single will have a gas fireplace complete with glass panel, gas log with ignition switch with drywall
surround. Townhomes will have a wall mounted electric fireplace. The electrical outlet will be
approximately 30" above the floor. *
MAIN FLOOR OR 2ND FLOOR LAUNDRY ROOM FEATURES
- Laundry tub with hot and cold-water faucets with shut-offs. *
- Heavy-duty electrical outlet for dryer.
- Dryer vented to exterior.
LIGHTING AND ELECTRICAL FEATURES
- Electrical outlets in all bathrooms and powder room include ground fault protection.
- 100 amp electrical service with breaker panel.
- All wiring in accordance with Ontario Hydro standards.
- Light fixtures in all bedroom ceilings and in kitchen, dining room, family room, bathrooms, den,
above grade laundry room, upper hall and switched electrical outlet in living room.*
- One electrical outlet on the garage wall, one on the garage ceiling for a future garage door opener
and one in unfinished area of basement under electrical panel.
- Smoke detector in every bedroom.
- Electronic door chime.
- Cable tv rough-in in family room and master bedroom.*
- Telephone rough-in for kitchen, family room and master bedroom.
- Rough-in central vacuum outlets on first floor, second floor and basement. Central vacuum
terminates in garage.*
- Dedicated electrical outlet within 3' of central vaccum termination in garage.*
- Smoke/carbon monoxide detector on every level and a smoke detector in each bedroom.
- White Decora-style light switches and plugs throughout.
HEATING INSULATION AND ENERGY EFFICIENT FEATURES
- Forced air high-efficiency gas furnace with electronic ignition power vented to exterior.
- Heat recovery ventilator (HRV) included in all homes. *
- Dehumidifer with outlet in basement and humidifier installed on furnace to assist in balancing
- Duct sized for future air-conditioning.
- Programmable thermostat centrally located on main floor.
- All insulation in exterior walls, roof and in basement in accordance with the standards set as per
the building code and expanding foam insulation on garage ceiling under living space.
- House sealed in vapour barrier as per building code.
- Weather stripping on all exterior doors.
- One coat of quality paint and one coat of primer using low VOC paints on all walls and
- Trim and doors to be painted white.
- Choice of one colour for walls from Vendor’s 4 samples.
- Sprayed stipple ceiling with smooth borders in all rooms on ground, second and third floors except
for kitchen, breakfast, bathrooms, powder room, and above-grade laundry room which have
smooth ceilings, (walk in closets have sprayed stipple ceilings only).*
- 2-1/4" x 3/4" natural prefinished hardwood on main floor (including main staircase landing)
excluding tiles areas. *+
- Choice of quality imported 12 x 12 or 13 x 13 ceramic floor tile standard through foyer, kitchen/
breakfast area, powder room, all bathrooms, and above grade laundry room. *+
- 40 oz. broadloom with 12mm underpad on second floor. (one colour throughout) excluding tiled
- Engineered floor system throughout with 3/4" tongue and groove subflooring to be glued, nailed,
screwed and sanded.
SECURITY AND TECHNOLOGY
- Monitored security system consisting of DSC 4 zone PC500 control, keypad, motion detector, and
magnetic contacts on all external main floor doors and operating windows will be installed with
Purchaser's order of monitoring service from builder’s supplier. (See your Décor Representative for
- Shut-off valves on all hot and cold waterlines on all sinks.
- Mortgage survey, provided at no additional cost.
- Garage floor and driveway sloped for drainage.
- Concrete garage floor with reinforced grade beams.
- Poured concrete front porch.
- Architecturally pre-determined sitings and exterior colours.
- Concrete basement floor with drain.
- Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy including windows. Ducts will be cleaned after
Fieldgate Homes warranty backed by TARION's (Ontario New Home Warranty Program)
Excellent Service Rating includes complete customer service program for one full year.
TWO YEAR WARRANTY PROTECTION:
- The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials including caulking windows and
doors so that the building prevents water penetration.
- Defects in workmanship and materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- Defects in workmanship and materials, which result in the detachment, displacement or
deterioration of exterior cladding.
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code's Health and Safety provisions.
- Warranties are limited to the requirements established by the Ontario New Home Warranty Plan
SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY PROTECTION (MAJOR STRUCTURAL)
- A major structural defect is defined in the Ontario New Home Warranty Plan Act as:
- A defect in workmanship and materials that results in the failure of a load-bearing part of the
home's structure, or any defect in workmanship or materials that adversely affects your use of the
building as a home.
*AS PER PLAN
**AT VENDOR'S DISCRETION THE CLEANING MAY OCCUR BEFORE CLOSING DUE TO COVID
+AS PER VENDOR'S STANDARD SAMPLE
Purchaser shall have the right to select floor coverings, tile, cabinets and countertops, bathroom fixture and purchase upgrades from the Vendor's samples
subject to their timely availability from the Vendor's normal supplier and provided that the same have not already been ordered for this house. Variations
from Vendor's sample may occur in bricks, finishing material, kitchen and vanity cabinets, floor and wall finishes due to the normal production process
and between the colour of the basement windows and the windows on the rest of the home. Purchaser is notified that the laundry area may be lowered to
accommodate side yard drainage, in extraordinary cases, door(s) from inside the home to garage will be eliminated or, provided it is permitted by the
municipal building code, a landing may be added in the garage, at Vendor's discretion. Steps where applicable, may vary at any exterior or interior
entrance way due to grading variance. Purchasers are notified that the new home design may have an attic hatch located in a closet and/or on an interior
wall. Corner lots and priority lots may have special treatments which may require window or external stair location changes and interior modifications to
balance and improve the elevations of the house exposed to the street or to conform to zoning. The Purchaser accepts these changes as necessary. When
Purchaser is buying a house already under construction, Purchaser acknowledges that there may be deviations from the floor plan, elevation or layout of
this model and Purchaser agrees to accept such changes as constructed. The house erected or to be erected on the above lot shall contain the features
listed above. The floor plan shall be that plan illustrated in the Vendor's latest sales brochure for the model type purchased. The Purchaser acknowledges
that the Vendor's model homes have been decorated for public display purposes and may contain certain features and upgrade finishes and augmented
services, which may not be included in the basic model type. Most additional features on display in the model home are available as extras. The
Purchaser is notified that due to siting and grading conditions, rooflines may not be exactly as shown, some end units will share a common wall with adjoining unit. Due to grading conditions, risers may be necessary at the front and rear entries. Rooflines may vary due to structural roof framing
conditions. Variations in uniformity and colour from Vendor's samples may occur in finished material, kitchen and vanity cabinets, floor and wall finishes
due to normal production processes. Hardwood may react to normal fluctuating humidity levels producing gapping or cupping, both considered to be
within acceptable industry standards. Actual square footage may vary slightly depending on elevation selected. Ceiling height in laundry room and
powder room may be modified to accommodate mechanical systems, duct work or architectural changes (some walls may be modified also). Tray ceilings
are not available in the dual entry townhomes. Carpeting may be seamed under certain conditions. Fieldgate Homes reserves the right to use visual
representations of your home taken during construction and/or after closing, to be used in advertising and/or public relations. Specifications and terms
subject to change E. & O.E. March 3, 2021.