FEATURES & FINISHES
Exterior Details of Quality Construction
- Architecturally selected clay brick and complimenting
modern smooth face stone as per model type. Detailing
may vary from Artist’s concept and are subject to grade
- Exterior colour package is pre-determined and cannot
- Engineered flooring system on the first and second floor
(excluding landings), to reduce squeaking and warping
- Poured concrete basement floors and foundation walls
with damp proofing, weeping tiles and drainage membrane
- Fully drywalled garage walls (skim coat and primed)
excluding concrete or block walls.
- Steel insulated garage to house access door installed with
dead bolt and safety closer, if grading permits.
- For economical heating, the home will be insulated in
accordance with the current Ontario Building Code
specifications including expanding foam insulation to all
garage ceilings and around all windows and doors.
- Homes feature a variety of ceiling heights including:
- Blocks 1-4: Include 8’ ceilings in basement, 9’ ceilings
on ground floor, 10’ ceilings on second floor and 9’
ceilings on third floor (excluding bulkheads and low
areas due to structural or mechanical details). Many
designs have double height features, vaulted and
cathedral ceilings as per plan.
- Blocks 6-9: Include 8’ ceiling in basement, 9’ ceilings on
ground floor, 11’-7” ceilings on second floor 9’ ceilings
on third floor (excluding bulkheads and low areas due
to structural or mechanical details). Many designs have
double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings
as per plan.
- Blocks 5 and 10 to 28: Include 8’ ceilings in basement,
9’ ceilings on ground floor, 9’ ceilings on second floor
and 9’ ceilings on third floor (excluding bulkheads and
low areas due to structural or mechanical details).
Many designs have double height features, vaulted
and cathedral ceilings as per plan.
- Convenient cold cellars with vent chamber and switched
interior light, and floor drain as per plan.
- Covered porches & porticos enhancing select elevations.
- Maintenance free pre-finished aluminum soffits, fascia,
eaves trough, downpipes and siding – all architecturally
designed and approved.
- Colour coordinated self-sealing asphalt shingles. Accenting
metal roof details as per plan.
- Aluminum exterior railings for both porch (where required
by building code) and decorative applications.
- Energy efficient vinyl casement windows throughout,
complete with screens. All door systems include weather
- Vinyl horizontal basement windows (30”x16”).
- Tasteful municipal address plaques provided.
- Fully sodded lot, with precast concrete slab walkway from
driveway to front porch.
- The basecoat paving is included at no extra cost, however
the top coat paving (installed one year after the base) shall
be charged on closing in the amount of $1000.00 for a
single driveway and $2,000.00 for a double driveway.
Energy Efficient Features
- All Homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) –
distributing fresh air throughout the home.
- Programmable Electronic Thermostat – in order to better
regulate temperature distribution over non-peak time.
Thermostat also controls hot water tank.
- Low flow toilet system featured throughout all baths –
enhances water conservation.
- Sealed basement ducts – this practice significantly reduces
heat loss at duct joints.
- Moen Eco-Performance Showerheads.
- Hardwoods selected from sustainable forests.
- Steel insulated roll-up garage door, complete with
decorative glass panels – aiding in the reduction of lumber
usage and assisting to provide an insulated element within
the garage area.
- Expanding foam insulation applied around all windows and
doors – for draft prevention.
Kitchen, Baths & Laundry
- All Kitchens feature extended upper cabinets (39” tall
rather than standard 30”). Islands, pantry and extended
breakfast bars as per plan with your choice of doors from
Builder’s standard samples.
- Granite kitchen counter top from Builder’s standard
- Provisional rough-in for future dishwasher (electrical run
from panel to underside of dish-washer space in basement).
- Durable stainless steel BLANCO under mount sink with
MOEN single lever pull out faucet.
- Premium MOEN faucets featured through-out.
- A wide assortment of (13” x 13” or 12” x 12”) contemporary
ceramic tile flooring in foyer, kitchen, dinette, powder
room(s), laundry room and all basement, ground and third
floor bathrooms as per plan.
- 8” x 10” ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub and
shower enclosures in basement, ground and third floor up
to but not including ceiling.
- Chrome framed glass shower in master Ensuite. Ensuite
shower to receive tiles on wall only, excluding ceiling.
Enclosed showers to receive fully tiled including ceilings.
- Mirrors over vanities in all bathrooms. All bathroom vanities
to have top drawers or a single bank of drawers on double
sink vanities where sizing permits. Master Ensuite vanities
shall receive a bank of drawers where size permits.
- Exhaust fans in all bathrooms.
- All bathroom tub and shower enclosures to receive mould
resistant drywall board.
- Marble threshold and jambs in all shower stalls.
- Due to the variety in client tastes, bath accessories (towel
bars, and toilet paper holders), are not provided.
- Laundry room to include base cabinets from the standard
series of cabinetry complete with laminate countertop and
stainless steel sink.
Distinctive Interior Features
- Where applicable, electric fireplace in family/great room
complete with mantel surround (two/three way fireplaces
shall receive wood white lacquered mantle).
- Where applicable, interior column profile shall be square.
All art niches to have MDF ledge as finished detail.
- Poetry Living shall provide 4 1/4” Colonial baseboard
with 2 3/4” casing throughout finished basement, ground,
second and third floor.
- All interior, passage sets and closet doors will be 6’-8”
standard height – 2 panel square smooth finished profile on
basement, ground, second and third floors. Excluding cold
cellar and steel exterior doors (front or garage door).
- Brushed nickel lever type door hardware throughout all
- All staircases to be oak complete with natural finish oak strip
hardwood on landing to match hardwood on second floor.
- House to receive oak hand rail and newel post, with the
option of straight wrought iron pickets or 1 5/16” wood
pickets. All upper hallways to receive natural finish oak
nosing’s complete with oak stringers (side of staircase). A
natural finish to be applied to the oak staircase, matching
natural hardwood colour.
- All interior trim and doors are painted classic white with
interior walls to be painted white.
- Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy, including
windows and furnace/duct system.
- Smooth ceilings on second floor only. Finished basement,
ground and third floor to be sprayed stipple ceilings.
- 3” natural oak strip hardwood flooring on second floor and
third floor hall excluding tiled areas.
- Quality 40oz broadloom with ½” higher density chip foam
underpad in all basement, ground and third floor living
areas and bedrooms, except tiled areas.
- A wide assortment of imported (13” x 13” or 12” x 12”)
contemporary ceramic floor tiles in basement, ground,
second and third floors in indicated tiled areas.
- Imported 8” x 10” ceramic wall tiles installed in
combination tub, and shower enclosures up to but not
including ceiling. Glass shower stalls to receive tiles on
wall only, excluding ceiling.
- All Poetry Living Homes feature an HRV System (Heat
Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the
home and minimizing poor air contaminants.
- Forced air Hi-Efficiency gas furnace (location may vary
from plan, and shall be moved to optimize performance at
- Flexible water pipe solution using PEX (polyethylene) to
reduce noise erosion and eliminate solder contaminants
within plumbing system.
- Exhaust fans installed in all finished bathrooms.
- Two exterior hose bibs are provided, one at the rear (or side)
and one in garage.
- Laundry tub includes hot/cold water connections.
- Classic white plumbing fixtures for all bathrooms complete
with shut off valves.
- All shower areas to receive the comfort of pressure balance
- All sinks and toilettes to include separate shut-off valves.
- Ductwork sized to accommodate future air conditioning.
- 100-amp electrical service with breaker panel and copper
- 220-volt Heavy-duty receptacle for dryer.
- Two exterior weather proof electrical outlets, one at front
porch and one at rear of home.
- Ground fault interrupter receptacles, as per building code.
- The security of hard wired smoke detectors on all floors,
including lower level, and one carbon monoxide detector
as per code requirement.
- White Decora switches and receptacles throughout.
- Rough-in for future central vacuum system terminating in
the basement, complete with dedicated plug.
- Convenient garage door opener receptacle(s).
- Central air conditioning line set rough in provided.
- State of the art integrated smart home structured wiring
terminating in the “Family Room”. This fully integrated
home wiring system will provide the Hi-tech infrastructure
for today’s technological features and expand to give you
the ones you may want in the future such as home-office
applications, computer local area networks, high speed
Internet, fax, modem, home entertainment, digital audio/
video distribution systems and so much more. Including 1
CAT 5, 1 CAT 3 & 2 RG6 lines.
- POETRY LIVING shall provide a personally scheduled
appointment with our qualified Technical Contractor to
explain and co-ordinate any additional requirements you
may desire. Master bedroom and Family room are pre-wired
for cable TV and telephone.
POETRY LIVING is dedicated to achieving minimized home
deficiencies. We shall achieve this through the efforts our
diligent personnel and thorough Quality Assurance Practices.
Given that a home is built with over 45 tradespersons, errors
are often common and to be expected, however our desire is
to showcase a home that both you and your family can all be
Two Year Warranty Protection
- The home is free from defects in workmanship and
materials including caulking windows and doors so that
the building prevents water penetration.
- Defects in workmanship and materials within the
distribution of electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- Defects in workmanship and materials, which resulting in
the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code’s Health and Safety
- Warranties are limited to the requirements established by
the Tarion Corporation Plan Act.
Seven Year Warranty Protection (Major Structural)
A major structural defect is defined in the Tarion Corporation
Plan Act as;
- A defect in workmanship and materials that result in the
failure of a load-bearing part of the home’s structure, or any
defect in workmanship or material that adversely affects
your use of the building as a home.
The Vendor shall have the right to make reasonable changes in the opinion
of the Vendor in the plans and specifications if required and to substitute
other material for that provided for herein with material that is of equal or
better quality than that provided herein. The determination of whether or
not a substitute material is of equal or better quality shall be made by the
Vendor’s architect whose determination shall be final and binding. Colour,
texture, appearance, etc of features and finishes installed in the Unit may vary
from Vendor’s samples as a result of normal manufacturing and installation